Create a compass
for your soul so you can live a life that lights you up again!
YOU DESERVE TO EMBRACE A LIFE THAT LIGHTS YOU UP AND TO GO AFTER IT
WITH BEAUTIFUL CLARITY, CONFIDENCE, COMPASSION & COURAGE.
to embark on an inner journey to learn your deepest desires, center yourself in your
heart, rejuvenate your soul, catapult your belief in yourself, move your body to get out of your head, and know deeply what is right & true for you.
RECONNECT TO YOUR MOST ESSENTIAL SELF,
AND DISCOVER HOW YOU WANT TO FEEL IN YOUR LIFE AND HOW TO GET THERE.
It's time to make yourself a priority!
We will gather in a stunning Retreat House in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada in the heart of the Okanagan valley with sacred mountains, beautiful lake vistas, vineyards and orchards surrounding us. You will be comfortable and pampered and feel safe and seen.
We will journal, move our bodies, quiet our minds in meditation & somatic practice, create safe spaces for and support one another, get outside and connect with ourselves, each other and nature on another level to amplify our confidence and connection.
We will work through a process that clarifies what you truly want in every area of your life, have empowering breakthroughs, and use that powerful awareness and expansion to guide your everyday choices and light yourself up again.
weekend Retreat (Thurs-Sun):
THIS COULD BE FOR YOU IF YOU SAY YES!
TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- I want to create more abundance in all areas of my life—health, wealth, relationships!
- I'm ready to fully know myself, to start making some changes to step into my power and live my truth!
- I know there's more to this life and I want to access it THIS YEAR!
- I take care of everyone else around me and I KNOW I can't thrive on an empty tank, and I'm finally READY to make myself more of a priority!
- I often collapse into bed at the end of the night, only to wake up disappointed that I didn't get X, Y, or Z done, and didn't get any 'adult time' or 'me time'.
- I crave more soulful, meaningful connections and conversations in my life.
- I'm sometimes (or often!) unsure whether my decisions are TRULY taking me down the path I was meant to walk in this life. I'm fairly certain there is MORE for me!
- I don't feel seen or understood by my family members, friends, colleagues or people in my life and that makes me feel irritated and lonely.
- I know I need better boundaries, but it feels so out of reach sometimes!
- I want to DEEPEN the relationships in my life or call in new ones — and I know the way to do that is by deepening my relationship with myself first.
- I feel like I'm playing small and not living the life I was born to live. My work, body and relationships feel heavy and I don't know how to shift this....yet...
- I'm ready to feel, deal and heal and I want to do it in community in a beautiful setting.
If you said YES! to any of this
then you're here for a reason
WHETHER YOU'RE A GOAL-SETTER/GO-GETTER OR A SEEKER WHO PREFERS TO GO WITH THE FLOW, KNOWING YOUR CORE DESIRES WILL SERVE YOU + REJUVENATING YOURSELF IN THIS ENVIRONMENT WILL KICKSTART THE PROCESS!
Conscious Creation Retreats
"Carla consciously creates a SAFE and welcoming space. She is clear and compassionate and really helpful at asking the right questions to guide us on our journey toward self-care."
"The retreat allowed space and time for self-discovery and self-reflection. Carla's a hopeful & energetic person. She inspires that hope and energy in other people. She helps people be the best they can for themselves."
"Surprisingly delightful experience. Beautiful setting. The days were full but not overwhelming — there was an excellent pacing to it where there was a combination of listening and inward listening, and then taking breaks from that."
"It was emotional but very freeing. I felt very free afterwards and very thankful to Carla for helping me get there. I was also surprised at how much FUN I had. The paddle board experience was just SO exciting for me. The views were amazing, the food was amazing, everybody laughing and just having fun together."
"Carla is a beautiful and welcoming soul, she welcomes you with open arms and a heart full of love and compassion. My life has changed in many ways I never thought possible. And it's because I didn't have to be somebody else. I would highly recommend this to anyone — I feel like a completely new person!"
"It was an escape—it was calming, relaxing and very safe. I expected a lot of tears instead of just having peace and safety and moving through. I've gone to a lot of things where it's like 'Go, Go, Go' and your brain hurts by the end of the first day and you can't process. I enjoyed the calmness & the free time in between working through stuff."
Hi friend! I'm Carla. I'm a coach, standup paddleboard instructor, entrepreneur, nature love, reformed perfectionist, doting mom, fitness junkie, and a stress, resilience and EFT (emotional freedom technique) tapping expert. I live in beautiful Kelowna, BC. I have spent my life seeking adventures and self improvement and FINALLY, in my mid 40s I feel like I am emerging as my TRUE self, living the authentic life that I was born for yet still growing into myself every day.
Beautiful Kelowna, BC
3 nights / 4 days in a beautiful retreat house with an outdoor hot tub, pool, beautifully designed relaxation spaces, and glorious views of Okanagan Lake so you can relax and recharge.
Complimentary airport transfer and transportation for all retreat events so you don't need to worry about logistics! (NOTE: Airfare is NOT included)
Casual and cozy wine and cheese welcome on our first night to unwind, get to know one another and ease into the weekend.
3 nutritious, delicious, professionally catered meals each day + snacks/ coffee/tea for the inner work (plant-based and allergy needs met upon request).
Restorative Yoga (gentle, easy for beginners!), Grounding, Meditation and Somatic Breathwork to move energy, move our bodies, and settle into our hearts.
Self-Inquiry/ Discovery through desire mapping + emotional freedom techniques to embrace your truest self and fulfill the ultimate intention — feeling GOOD.
Physical & Energetic detox — moving energy through our bodies and minds so we can step into our power & head home lit up again.
Connecting deeply with ourselves and other participants so we can cultivate Clarity, Courage and Confidence.
Conscious Somatic, Emotional & Breath work + affirmations & soulful declarations so we can get centered in self-love and infinite self-worth.
Hiking, walking meditations and forest bathing on the beautiful trails near the Retreat House.
Standup Paddleboarding & Boating adventure on Okanagan Lake (or other adventure to be determined by our weather!) to get us outside & connected with nature.
Like-hearted and like-minded humans embarking on their own individual journey to live their best lives — we will form a community and bond that will support you and lift you up!
A delicious, gourmet dinner on the town at a renowned local winery restaurant on our last night together to celebrate YOU, your inner beauty and your new path as a Conscious Creator!
A complimentary, private 30 minute follow-up call within 45 days of the retreat for accountability and support.
And a few other wonderful surprises so your heart is COMPLETELY full as you head back to your life armed with your soul's compass.
September 15—18, 2022 (only 1 spot left!)
- What time do we arrive on Thursday? What time do we leave on Sunday?Arrival is between 3-6pm on Thursday; airport transfer is included in the cost of the retreat (airfare is NOT included).
Departure is 11am on Sunday; however, if you must book a later departure, please make arrangements with Carla as soon as your booking is confirmed!
All you need to do is get yourself to Kelowna and everything is taken care of from there!!
- How many spaces are available?These retreats are designed to be a more intimate experience, so they're usually 6 people to a maximum of 9 (if people are sharing a room). This size offers optimum connection and safety.
- Will I have my own bedroom and bathroom?The accommodation arrangements are based on single occupancy unless someone would like to bring a friend to share a room with — the rate is reduced for a shared room and you will select the "Bring-A-Friend, share a room" option at checkout.
One bedroom has its own private bathroom; the others share (2 bedrooms to a bathroom). If you have a preference, we will do our best to pair you with the room that best suits your requests; however, please understand that it is not always possible to meet these requests. But do NOT worry, every single room in the Retreat House is as lovely and comfortable as can be, and if you choose to bring a friend to share a room with, there are plenty of private indoor and outdoor spaces where you can retreat if you just need some quiet YOU time!
- Can I come late or leave early if the dates don't exactly work for me?Well, the short answer is: you will get the most out of this intimate group experience if your dates and times are aligned with other participants. In some cases, participants have arrived on Friday morning; however, they do find that they feel as though they've 'missed out' on the Thursday activities and the initial connection that happens at the Wine and Cheese Welcome Dinner.
We do offer an option to stay an extra night (Sunday) if that feels aligned for you.
If flight arrangements necessitate arriving before 3pm on Thursday, please connect with Carla and we will make arrangements for an earlier airport transfer + earlier arrival at the Retreat House.
- Can I bring my own car? Is there safe parking?Yes! You are welcome to drive to the retreat and park your vehicle at the Retreat House. Once you've secured your spot, Carla will connect with you to confirm your arrival and departure times and arrange transportation as necessary. All transportation is provided during the retreat, but you are welcome to use your own vehicle while you are here.
- What airport do I fly into?The best is to fly directly to Kelowna — the airport code for our airport is YLW.
You can also fly to Vancouver and rent a car to drive to Kelowna. The drive is between 4-5 hours, depending on traffic. Once you secure your spot, book your flight RIGHT away!! Carla will reach out to confirm your arrival and departure times and arrange transfer from the airport to the Retreat House.
There are several airlines that fly direct to Kelowna from many cities in Canada and the USA. The most common include:
- Air Canada
- Alaskan Air
- What if I want to spend more time exploring Kelowna or the Okanagan region?Wonderful! We can offer many tips and suggestions for some of the best attractions and activities in our beautiful Okanagan Valley. We offer an add-on additional night of accommodation on Sunday and can support you to plan your activities. Please email Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you fly to Kelowna, airport transfer to the Retreat House is included on Friday; returning to the airport on Sunday OR Monday.
If you'd like to spend several additional nights, we can make some suggestions for accommodation options in the region, but please keep in mind that accommodations book up QUICKLY here, so reserving something ASAP is advised. Please email Carla!
- What if I get sick or something comes up?These are intimate retreats that include meals and accommodations, so we need a confirmed list of attendees and cannot offer refunds.
That said, we understand that life happens and in severe, extenuating circumstances where something comes up and you cannot attend, we will do our best to help you find someone to fill your spot. In the case of a COVID positive test, we can offer a refund.
- Do you have COVID precautions in place?Yes. The Retreat House will be cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival and high-use touchpoints and hard surfaces will be sanitized daily in common areas (e.g. kitchen, washrooms, meditation space, stairway banisters, doorknobs, etc.). We respect each individual's personal choice with regards to mask wearing and invite you to do what feels aligned for you. It is important though, that you understand that this is a shared space with a small, intimate group and we invite you to make your personal decisions based on this awareness.
- Can I bring my pet?No, I'm sorry, pets cannot be accommodated.
The Retreat House is home to two dogs, at least one of which will be present during the retreat (which participants LOVE! Talk about wonderful co-regulation!), so additional pets simply complicates things. Please do not plan to bring your pet.
- What if I have any sort of allergies and/or a food intolerance(s)?Yes, we accommodate food allergies and offer vegan or vegetarian options.
The caterer requires allergy and intolerance information the week before the retreat, so please email carladawes@ shaw.ca as soon as you can to inform her of your needs.
The Retreat House is home to pets (dogs) and at least one, possibly two will be present during the retreat. Retreat participants generally LOVE this, but if you have an allergy, it is not recommended that you join this retreat (or come fully prepared with medication that works for you!)
For any other allergies or insensitivities (e.g. to smells, incense, aromatherapy, etc.), please inform Carla of your situation as soon as possible after you book your spot. If you have additional questions, simply email email@example.com
- Are all food and drinks included?Yes, all meals and non-alcoholic beverages are included in the cost of the retreat.
Wine will be provided on the first night for the Wine and Cheese Welcome Dinner and at the Saturday night Celebration Dinner at the local winery.
If you wish to consume additional wine or other alcohol, please bring your own.
- Can you accommodate special dietary requirements?Yes! Our caterer is excellent with this — we've had all sorts of requests and preferences including vegan, vegetarian, anaphylactic allergies, etc.
Please inform Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your needs as soon as you secure your spot.
- I'm just not sure if a retreat is for me, how do I decide?If you're not sure if this is a fit for you, please just email email@example.com and we can set up a connection call to have all your questions answered! A weekend retreat can be a beautiful investment in YOU and your growth and expansion, but I want you to feel confident that it is 100% what you want and need in this season in your life adventure, and I'm happy to provide any information you need to support you to decide whether or not this will be a fit for you.
- Is the personal work scary or intense? Should I expect to cry?You will feel safe, seen and held in this space. You might cry — we've born witness to tears of all varieties during these retreats — sadness, joy, frustration, self-compassion — you name it! The common thread is that vulnerability is welcomed and celebrated here, and Carla creates and holds a safe space that has its foundation in two of her core values — acceptance and compassion. All of you, ALL your parts are welcome here.
The retreat content is prepared from a trauma-informed perspective — Carla has much training and experience in this area and is well-known for her compassion and ability to hold space for people in intense and deep processes while helping them feel safe and supported. That said, if you are currently experiencing post-traumatic stress, have active trauma or are in active trauma recovery, please chat with Carla about your situation and concerns prior to booking your spot. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is it all-inclusive?Yes, with the exception of airfare! You must arrange and pay for your own flights. Once you're in Kelowna, we cover everything from there!
Please note that wine is provided for the Wine & Cheese Welcome Dinner and at the Celebration Dinner; if you desire different or additional alcoholic beverages, please bring your own.
- Do you offer payment plans?Yes! A deposit of $500 is required to reserve your spot; customized payment plans are available — just email email@example.com and we can chat about what works best for both parties!
- Have another question that wasn't covered here?Please email Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Choose your dates + room type to be taken to our payment form.
2. Once you fill out the form and click submit, you're in!
3. Book your flight as soon as you can (arrive on Thursday afternoon; depart on Sunday, unless you've booked an extra night).
4. You will receive an email welcome from Carla with ALL the information and instructions you need.
5. Send Carla your itinerary (arrival and departure times).
6. Questions? Just email Carla!
Please select your accommodation option:
- Preferred optionPrivate Single Room ($1669.00)$1669.00
- Preferred optionBring-a-Friend, share a room/bed ($1333.00)$1333.00
- Preferred optionDEPOSIT to Save Spot — PAYMENT PLAN Request to be Arranged with Carla$500.00
Optional Sunday night accommodation
Add an extra night at the Retreat House for just $222
Only 0 remaining!
- Total payment
- 1x2022 Conscious Creation Retreats$0-+
All prices in CAD