3-DAY, 3-NIGHT (Thurs-Sun)
Why Join Us?
- What time do we arrive on Thursday? What time do we leave on Sunday?Arrival is between 3-6pm on Thursday; airport transfer is included in the cost of the retreat (airfare is NOT included).
Departure is 11am on Sunday; however, if you must book a later departure, please make arrangements with Carla as soon as your booking is confirmed!
All you need to do is get yourself to Kelowna and everything is taken care of from there!!
- How many spaces are available?These retreats are designed to be a more intimate experience, so they're usually 6 people to a maximum of 9 (if people are sharing a room). This size offers optimum connection and safety.
- Will I have my own bedroom and bathroom?The accommodation arrangements are based on single occupancy unless someone would like to bring a friend to share a room with — the rate is reduced for a shared room and you will select the "Bring-A-Friend, share a room" option at checkout.
One bedroom has its own private bathroom; the others share (2 bedrooms to a bathroom). If you have a preference, we will do our best to pair you with the room that best suits your requests; however, please understand that it is not always possible to meet these requests. But do NOT worry, every single room in the Retreat House is as lovely and comfortable as can be, and if you choose to bring a friend to share a room with, there are plenty of private indoor and outdoor spaces where you can retreat if you just need some quiet YOU time!
- Can I come late or leave early if the dates don't exactly work for me?Well, the short answer is: you will get the most out of this intimate group experience if your dates and times are aligned with other participants. In some cases, participants have arrived on Friday morning; however, they do find that they feel as though they've 'missed out' on the Thursday activities and the initial connection that happens at the Wine and Cheese Welcome Dinner.
We do offer an option to stay an extra night (Sunday) if that feels aligned for you.
If flight arrangements necessitate arriving before 3pm on Thursday, please connect with Carla and we will make arrangements for an earlier airport transfer + earlier arrival at the Retreat House.
- Can I bring my own car? Is there safe parking?Yes! You are welcome to drive to the retreat and park your vehicle at the Retreat House. Once you've secured your spot, Carla will connect with you to confirm your arrival and departure times and arrange transportation as necessary. All transportation is provided during the retreat, but you are welcome to use your own vehicle while you are here.
- What airport do I fly into?The best is to fly directly to Kelowna — the airport code for our airport is YLW.
You can also fly to Vancouver and rent a car to drive to Kelowna. The drive is between 4-5 hours, depending on traffic. Once you secure your spot, book your flight RIGHT away!! Carla will reach out to confirm your arrival and departure times and arrange transfer from the airport to the Retreat House.
There are several airlines that fly direct to Kelowna from many cities in Canada and the USA. The most common include:
- Air Canada
- Alaskan Air
- What if I want to spend more time exploring Kelowna or the Okanagan region?Wonderful! We can offer many tips and suggestions for some of the best attractions and activities in our beautiful Okanagan Valley. We offer an add-on additional night of accommodation on Sunday and can support you to plan your activities. Please email Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you fly to Kelowna, airport transfer to the Retreat House is included on Friday; returning to the airport on Sunday OR Monday.
If you'd like to spend several additional nights, we can make some suggestions for accommodation options in the region, but please keep in mind that accommodations book up QUICKLY here, so reserving something ASAP is advised. Please email Carla!
- What if I get sick or something comes up?These are intimate retreats that include meals and accommodations, so we need a confirmed list of attendees and cannot offer refunds.
That said, we understand that life happens and in severe, extenuating circumstances where something comes up and you cannot attend, we will do our best to help you find someone to fill your spot. In the case of a COVID positive test, we can offer a refund.
- Do you have COVID precautions in place?Yes. The Retreat House will be cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival and high-use touchpoints and hard surfaces will be sanitized daily in common areas (e.g. kitchen, washrooms, meditation space, stairway banisters, doorknobs, etc.). We respect each individual's personal choice with regards to mask wearing and invite you to do what feels aligned for you. It is important though, that you understand that this is a shared space with a small, intimate group and we invite you to make your personal decisions based on this awareness.
- Can I bring my pet?No, I'm sorry, pets cannot be accommodated.
The Retreat House is home to two dogs, at least one of which will be present during the retreat (which participants LOVE! Talk about wonderful co-regulation!), so additional pets simply complicates things. Please do not plan to bring your pet.
- What if I have any sort of allergies and/or a food intolerance(s)?Yes, we accommodate food allergies and offer vegan or vegetarian options.
The caterer requires allergy and intolerance information the week before the retreat, so please email carladawes@ shaw.ca as soon as you can to inform her of your needs.
The Retreat House is home to pets (dogs) and at least one, possibly two will be present during the retreat. Retreat participants generally LOVE this, but if you have an allergy, it is not recommended that you join this retreat (or come fully prepared with medication that works for you!)
For any other allergies or insensitivities (e.g. to smells, incense, aromatherapy, etc.), please inform Carla of your situation as soon as possible after you book your spot. If you have additional questions, simply email email@example.com
- Are all food and drinks included?Yes, all meals and non-alcoholic beverages are included in the cost of the retreat.
Wine will be provided on the first night for the Wine and Cheese Welcome Dinner and at the Saturday night Celebration Dinner at the local winery.
If you wish to consume additional wine or other alcohol, please bring your own.
- Can you accommodate special dietary requirements?Yes! Our caterer is excellent with this — we've had all sorts of requests and preferences including vegan, vegetarian, anaphylactic allergies, etc.
Please inform Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your needs as soon as you secure your spot.
- I'm just not sure if a retreat is for me, how do I decide?If you're not sure if this is a fit for you, please just email email@example.com and we can set up a connection call to have all your questions answered! A weekend retreat can be a beautiful investment in YOU and your growth and expansion, but I want you to feel confident that it is 100% what you want and need in this season in your life adventure, and I'm happy to provide any information you need to support you to decide whether or not this will be a fit for you.
- Is the personal work scary or intense? Should I expect to cry?You will feel safe, seen and held in this space. You might cry — we've born witness to tears of all varieties during these retreats — sadness, joy, frustration, self-compassion — you name it! The common thread is that vulnerability is welcomed and celebrated here, and Carla creates and holds a safe space that has its foundation in two of her core values — acceptance and compassion. All of you, ALL your parts are welcome here.
The retreat content is prepared from a trauma-informed perspective — Carla has much training and experience in this area and is well-known for her compassion and ability to hold space for people in intense and deep processes while helping them feel safe and supported. That said, if you are currently experiencing post-traumatic stress, have active trauma or are in active trauma recovery, please chat with Carla about your situation and concerns prior to booking your spot. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is it all-inclusive?Yes, with the exception of airfare! You must arrange and pay for your own flights. Once you're in Kelowna, we cover everything from there!
Please note that wine is provided for the Wine & Cheese Welcome Dinner and at the Celebration Dinner; if you desire different or additional alcoholic beverages, please bring your own.
- Do you offer payment plans?Yes! A deposit of $500 is required to reserve your spot; customized payment plans are available — just email email@example.com and we can chat about what works best for both parties!
- Have another question that wasn't covered here?Please email Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm in! What happens next?
3-Day, 3-Night, ALL-INCLUSIVE RETREAT DATES &
Please select your accommodation option:
- Preferred optionPrivate Single Room ($1669.00)$1669.00
- Preferred optionBring-a-Friend, share a room/bed ($1333.00)$1333.00
- Preferred optionDEPOSIT to Save Spot — PAYMENT PLAN Request to be Arranged with Carla$500.00
- Total payment
- 1x2022 Conscious Creation Retreats$0-+
All prices in CAD